Visioning into the Future
Mainesburg UMC 2015 Goals
They come to us ...
Hebrews 10:24-25 And let us consider how to stir up one another to love and good works, not neglecting to meet together, as is the habit of some, but encouraging one another, and all the more as you see the Day drawing near.
We believe that God wants us to grow in our knowledge of the Word through study and by being in relationships with one another. We want to launch new small groups in the coming year that fulfill this vision of who God has created us to be together. We also want to create a way to encourage and inspire our brothers and sisters in other churches to rethink small groups and service in their particular communities in order to share the love of Jesus Christ.
- Start three more small groups and more intentionally advertise the groups we offer.
- Create five brochures or handouts - worship times, dinner, special events, missions, and small groups, with an additional action card for each. Effectiveness will be measured by Facebook feedback, the sharing of stories, and thank yous.
We go to them ...
Jeremiah 29:7 Seek the welfare of the city where I have sent you into exile, and pray to the Lord on its behalf, for in welfare you will find your welfare.
We have a vision to reach out to our community to serve our neighbors together. We firmly believe that we are in this neighborhood for a specific purpose, and want to come alongside those who may not know God or one another and invite them into service in order to build relationships.
- Hold a celebration service in conjunction with the prayer shawl/lap robe ministry.
- Plan one intentional day of service following Sunday worship celebration.
- Create new position at dinners in order to connect with people.
- Select at least one scripture to be placed inside of each of the cards sent as part of the card ministry. Current sermon series cards will also be included.
We invite them ...
John 4: 35 Do you not say, 'Four months more and then the harvest'? I tell you, open your eyes and look at the fields!
They are ripe for harvest - We believe that God is calling us to be part of the harvest for the Kingdom by being as prepared as possible for our visitors. We hope to be both a welcoming and inviting community that embraces all our guests as family in order to best witness to our faith.
- Create a special mailing for the Christmas Eve service and focus on hospitality at this service.
We are in partnership/ in service with ...
1 John 4: 21 And this commandment we have from him: whoever loves God must also love his brother.
As an act of brotherly love we want to further our connection with partner organizations in order to water seeds planted by service and missions giving.
- Contact 7 of our partner organizations to see what next steps can be taken to build relationships.
We also are in prayer about:
Being an inviting church
Creating a Children's area
Installing an Elevator
Investing long term to connect people with Jesus Christ
Reaching out to families with special needs
Reaching out to families with substance abuse issues
Creating family care packages